AgentPress: Need Plugin Suggestions

Community Forums Forums General Discussion AgentPress: Need Plugin Suggestions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jdtoyou 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

I have a new real estate client who wants the AgentPress theme. Before I get started, I would like to see what other free plugins are available that people have tried. I know she wants to use IDX to pull in her listings. So that would be a start, plus any other plugins you think she could benefit from. This is my first real estate website. Thanks in advance.

redondorealtor
    Participant

The 2 best choices for me would be idxpress from Diverse, or mlsfinder.com   both have wp plugins available.

AC
    Blocked

Thank you @redondorealtor! I’ll take a look at those. Do you have any calculator plugin suggestions or neighborhood data plugins or would that be in the plugins you suggested?

Just Dave
    Participant

What IDX service provider does your client use?  Is your client only interested in displaying or “pulling in” her own listings, or does she want a true IDX?  If you answer these two questions it might lead to a meaningful suggestion on my part…but no promises.

redondorealtor
    Participant

Try Zillow, they provide WordPress plugins “local market explorer”, and they also provide a mortgage calculator…  Good luck.

Just Dave
    Participant

Zillow does not offer a free IDX plugin.   Zillow’s IDX products are offered through their wholly owned subsidiary Diverse Solutions.  The basic plan costs $29.95 per month.

http://www.diversesolutions.com/product/ds-idxpress/pricing

But back to my question from before.  If your client only wants to display her own listings she could use one of Zillow’s or Trulia’s free widgets for that purpose.  To do so her listing data will need to be made available at and hosted by Zillow or Trulia.  But, that’s not IDX as these widgets will only display her listings.

RealtyCandy
    Participant

Most of the IDX providers out there like IDX Broker and Diverse Solutions offer “Free” plugins.  You just need to be using their services (paid) for the plugin to work properly!

Good Luck.

jdtoyou
    Participant

I would NOT use any of Zillow or Trulia’s free widgets as they backlink to their sites.  All your doing is giving them more authortity and taking it away from your client.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘AgentPress: Need Plugin Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.