AgentPress View My Properties

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks AgentPress View My Properties

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jodzeee 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jodzeee
    Participant

How can I add links to available properties in the sidebar?

In the demo for AgentPress, it shows “View My Properties” with links below. I’m not finding how to do that in the instructions … for the sidebar, it mentions testimonials and newsletter (which I don’t even see on the demo).

http://demo.studiopress.com/agentpress/meet-the-team

http://my.studiopress.com/setup/agentpress-theme/

nutsandbolts

The “View My Properties” widget was created by creating a menu, adding the items to it, then dragging a Custom Menu widget into the sidebar and choosing that particular menu from the dropdown.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

jodzeee
    Participant

Oh. That’s actually how I thought of setting it up, but then it has to be changed often. I was hoping to be able to create a list generated by the properties available. It’s going to be challenging enough to explain to my client how to add/remove/edit listings. Editing the menu is yet another step to confuse them :-)

Is there any other way to generate a list of posts based on status “for sale” in the sidebar?

nutsandbolts

You could create a post category called “For Sale” and use a featured posts widget to display the latest few posts from that category in the sidebar. That might be easier since all the client would have to do is check the box to put the post in that category.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

jodzeee
    Participant

I don’t see an option to assign a category on the listings page.

nutsandbolts

Hmm… The custom post type for listing must not have categories enabled. What about tags?

jodzeee
    Participant

No, that’s not an option either. I think I need a widget like Feature Posts except for Listings. Or a shortcode or something. I don’t know how to write my own code though.

jodzeee
    Participant

I finally figured this out. The Genesis Featured Widget Amplified plugin allowed me to choose the Listing post type and to show the For Sale term under the Property Statuses Taxonomy. Works great!

http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-featured-widget-amplified/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.