Associate Child Theme Homepage

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Associate Child Theme Homepage

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Neff 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David Neff
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am using the Associate Child Theme here http://davidneff.biz/ and the “Home” page is set to my front page, yet the slider and the home widgets are showing up on the “Blog” page. Why is that?

Also how do I get that “From the blog” section that is on the original Associate Child Theme

marybaum
    Participant

In General Settings, do you have the home page set to show latest posts?  If you have your home page set to show a static page, the theme is probably looking for any page that’s just posts to set up your home layout on.

As for the From The Blog section, have you read the setup instructions for the Associate theme? They’re here. (That section is one of the home-bottom widgets.)

MB

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

David Neff
    Participant

In General Settings, do you have the home page set to show latest posts?  If you have your home page set to show a static page, the theme is probably looking for any page that’s just posts to set up your home layout on.

The general settings show the home page to be a static page.

As for the From The Blog section, have you read the setup instructions for the Associate theme? They’re here. (That section is one of the home-bottom widgets.)

Someone else actually gave me the theme/license so I cannot get to the page.

David Neff
    Participant

@marybaum, thank you so much. Your suggestion fixed it. All what I had to do was set the “blog” page to the “blog” template.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Associate Child Theme Homepage’ is closed to new replies.