Author box on posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Author box on posts

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cotaylo 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cotaylo
    Participant

ok this sound dumb. But I can’t get the author box to appear on my posts – you know at the bottom…

I thought it would be as simple as adding info to my profile in the biographical section and then checking the boxes that say “enable author-box on this user’s posts”.

I’ve found tutorials on how to customize it but I can’t even get it to appear first.

Anyone know what I’m overlooking?

my site: http://216.172.181.99/~cchs/category/cape-cora-housing-market/

cotaylo
    Participant

ok. well, I got the author-box to appear. I was actually looking at my category blog page when I didn’t see it.

I guess that the author-box only appears on the actual post itself, right? Because I first had a category link on my nav menu and it wouldn’t show the author-box on the post there.

So then I created the category blog page and I can’t get the author box to appear on those entries either.

I suppose I’m not really sure which would be the best way to set things up to get the result I want. This is what I really want to do:

Have one post (sticky) at the top with author box and excerpts of other posts below (all the same category). I thought I could achieve this with the blog page and sticky but that didn’t work the way I wanted.

Can I create a regular page with the content I want at the top that always stays the same and then use a grid loop for the excerpts to stream below?
    I’m working on the “Market Data” here: http://216.172.181.99/~cchs/

Thanks for any pointers y’all might have. :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.