background image for widget area in Modern Portfolio

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks background image for widget area in Modern Portfolio

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

yellowdog
    Participant

Hi

i would like to add a 1600 x 430 image in the background of the about widget in this theme.

Here is my code in css

#about
    {
    background-color: #000000;
    background: url(“http://www.mysite.com/widget-bg.jpg”) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }

The background colour is not extending across the screen but only to my 1600 pixels for the image size?

The css for the services widget works fine with no image and extends fully across the browser window

#services {
    background-color: #000000;}

I would ideally like to make sure the image is centered in the browser window even on bigger monitors and have the black background extend fully to the edge of the monitor like the services widget does for bigger monitors.

Can anybody help e out on this  - i would be most grateful,

My site is at http://bit.ly/XKx1Qd

thx

cehwitham
    Participant

There seems to be an error on line 575 of style.css

`#about {
    background-color: #;
    }`

You’ve not actually defined a color. Put the proper hex reference in for the required colour and the background should work fine, I’ve tested it using Firebug.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

yellowdog
    Participant

thx !!

cehwitham
    Participant

No problem. I hope it’s working now. I’m always amazed at how many times little things trip me up and a second pair of eyes sorts it out.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.