Balance Theme – Make Header Responsive

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Balance Theme – Make Header Responsive

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jtdatawork 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jtdatawork
    Participant

I guess I just assumed since the theme was mobile responsive the header would resize like the rest. Silly me. Can anyone help? The header image stays stubbornly big and the logo disappears over to the right on smaller screens. I’ve tried everything I can think of, or find. Thanks!

The test site is here: http://coastside.server308.com/

Judy

JT Dataworks Web design and SEO

http://coastside.server308.com/

AC
    Blocked

You are using a full width header. Check your media queries to see if the #header is in there. Make your adjustments down in there. You can target the different mobile devices. But you may need to create a different header for mobile so that the main logo is what people see. If you try to squish the entire thing down, it may reduce too small and may not look well. So are different tricks that you can try. If you’d like customization service for this, send me a note on my website and I can take a better look and assist you.

jtdatawork
    Participant

Thanks for the response! Yes, I am aware I am using the full width header, and have tried, both changing the header info sizing in the media area, and adding a differently sized replacement image. Neither worked so I am for some more specific info so I can see what I did wrong. Incorrect css, or perhaps something in the function file is overriding the style changes? I prefer to have the header shrink. The logo is adequately clear at any size.

jtdatawork
    Participant

I finally just made a separate image for each media size. Time consuming, but it looks great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.