Balance theme: remove welcome text

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Balance theme: remove welcome text

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lise 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lise
    Participant

I looked everywhere and couldn’t find it.

Can someone tell me how to remove the welcome text on the balance theme?  I want to delete it from the landing page template and it’s for a client and I really don’t want to mess it up :)

Thanks

Lise

braddalton
    Participant

Could you clarify please?

I have this theme installed locally and cannot find any welcome text on the landing page template

Lise
    Participant

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your reply and I did an Oops! when I read it :) – I forgot I added the welcome text widget to his site for the big tag line he wanted.

This is the landing page http://www.thehealthyeatingguide.com/healthy-cooking-guide/

and this is the home page http://www.thehealthyeatingguide.com/ so you can see the difference and the welcome text is on every pages/posts

He has a plugin installed that you can hide or show specific stuff from pages/posts, so I used that but the top and bottom borders are still showing.

This is the code I have in the function.php

/** Add the welcome text section */
    add_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘custom_welcome_text’ );
    function custom_welcome_text() {
    genesis_widget_area( ‘welcome-text’, array(
    ‘before’ => ‘<div class=”welcome-text widget-area”>’,
    ) );
    }

Thanks Brad

braddalton
    Participant

[css]
    .page-id-701 .welcome-text {
    display:none;
    }
    [/css]

Tested this in Firebug and it works.

You could also use this for all landing pages by adding the i.d’s or a custom class.

It was just the lines you wanted to remove?

Lise
    Participant

Yes! thank you so much Brad, works like a charm…I never thought of going the style sheet way.

Lise
    Participant

Hi Brad, I’m back :)

My client is writing more landing pages and I would like to use a custom class like you said, but I have no idea how to do that and where?

Can you help please one more time.

Thanks

Lise

braddalton
    Participant

There’s at least 3 solutions.

1. You can add a custom class using PHP code http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/custom-body-class/

2. You can add a custom class using the Layout settings on all edit post/page screens

3. Or you can use one of the classes from the body class for one specific page or for all pages using the class for the same template. (View the source code and scroll down to body class)

Lise
    Participant

Thank you so much Brad, will try these options.

Lise

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.