Basic Outreach Question

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Basic Outreach Question

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mrjonwilson 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kimberlyjob
    Participant

I’ll preface by saying I’m new to WP.  I have used Eleven40 with very few problems, but from the get go, Outreach is not working for me.  I’ve read through the archives and this problem seems to occur often.

At the right side of the header, there is a white box.  How do I get rid of that and have it look like the Outreach demo page?  Also, my navigation bar is black, whereas the demo site looks like the nav bar changes colors.  I’d also like it to stretch across the whole page like it does in the demo.

All of these issues were already there when I installed Outreach.  I haven’t changed any settings.

If anyone has simple instructions to fix these items, I’d greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

Here’s a link if you want to take a look.  coachandkim.com

mrjonwilson
    Participant

Hi,

Welcome to WordPress and the Genesis community!

Have you followed the instructions here: http://my.studiopress.com/setup/outreach-theme/

For the white box appearing: It looks like you just need to add a header image in Appearance > Header.

To get the colored nav menu, you need to create the menu in Appearance > Menus and set the menu as the Primary Navigation Menu.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.