Bee Crafty Theme Help- Making Random Post

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Bee Crafty Theme Help- Making Random Post

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  myboxingfans 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

myboxingfans
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me I want to make the home page of my Bee Crafty Theme show the post in Random order.

I know with any other theme I could select random, but with this theme theres not a widget. Please help.

I want every time I refresh to show a random post on the home.

thanks

wpspeak
    Participant

From the home.php file, I can see this line

genesis_get_option('gallery_cat'), 'showposts' => genesis_get_option('number_images'))); while($recent->have_posts()) : $recent->the_post();?>

Try adding

'orderby' => 'rand'

.. inside the WP_Query array.

Ref: http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

myboxingfans
    Participant

Messing with the WP_Query array is a nightmare.. one small code and it takes down your site..

I found a plugin Advance random post that works.. I had to edit the plugin to display 24 random post on the home page.

the only problem I am having is I want to display 0 (zero) from the genesis settings..

For example If I go to Genesis > ThemeSettings> at the bottom on the Home Page Gallery Settings (Number of images in the home page gallery) it gives you an option of 3,6,9 and 12. I want it to be ZERO because the plugin is taking over.

Can you tell me where in the genesis or theme file I could edit to display 0 (Zero) ?

My site recipe ideas.net

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.