blog page

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  geezer466 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

julieono
    Participant

What exactly is a blog page and how do I use it?  Is that basic WordPress stuff or is it something special in the Studio Press Themes?

Thanks

Julie

surefirewebserv
    Participant

It’s just a page template set to display your posts. The options to control it are in the genesis settings.

If you use WordPress as a CMS and not a blog, you may have a separate section or page to display a blog, that’s what it’s used for.

SureFireWebServices.com | Genesis Tuts and More
    Genesis Theme Starter Kit | It’s Free

julieono
    Participant

thanks but how do I set one up really?  I can see the settings etc but where is the blog page?  I think I am missing something obviously!

I don’t know if I need one or not. thanks!

Julie

Susan

To set one up – create a page. Use the “blog template”. Done :) – it will automatically populate with your posts.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

geezer466
    Participant

First up you need to decide if your want your front page (also known as the home page) to display a static page (this would be content which does not change frequently) or a dynamic page. A dynamic page would update itself with your latest blog posts at the top which would then descend in date order.

Much of this would depend on what sort of organisation you were building a site for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.