Broken Footer

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Broken Footer

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony Galli 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anthony Galli
    Participant

Hi,

I got trigger happy and deleted almost every mention of footer in the childhood theme and in the genesis theme. How can I put this information back? I was able to successfully get rid of the footer, which was my goal, but the indirect sideaffect was that it distorted my widgets altered the look of the brown bars that run horizontal across my posts.

Please help this was so stupid of me!

http://AnthonyGalli.com

essaysnark
    Participant

For starters, you should never be editing the Genesis theme files, only the child theme. So you could restore all the Genesis theme files from My StudioPress.

Even better, you might want to simply get your host to restore a backup of your whole site, since it’s going to be tough for you or anyone else to figure out what’s missing if you didn’t log your changes.

Anthony Galli
    Participant

Thank you! I didn’t know that I could redownload the themes (or that I shouldn’t touch the parent theme). Silly me. Now that I got it fixed, how can I get rid of the footer, which was my original intention?

Thanks again!

essaysnark
    Participant

If you’re trying to get rid of the stuff at the bottom that says Copyright and Streamline Theme and all that, I can recommend using the Genesis Simple Edits plugin – makes this sort of thing pretty easy.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-simple-edits/

If that doesn’t do what you’re looking for, write back and I’ll try again.

Anthony Galli
    Participant

That did the job. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Broken Footer’ is closed to new replies.