Buddypress screws up Agency homepage

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Buddypress screws up Agency homepage

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ahrosales
    Participant

Anyone have tips or recommendations on integrating Buddypress into my site, most probably with the Agency theme (since it has a widgetized homepage)? I’ve installed Buddypress and Genesis Connect for Buddypress, but they wipe out the Agency Home Welcome, Slider, and Left/Middle/Right widgets on the home page, leaving only the Footer Widgets.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Anne

braddalton
    Participant

Yes i noticed that after installing BuddyPress with the Outreach theme.

I fixed the problem by installing the latest version of BuddyPress, 1.7 (Beta) which integrates with all themes and deactivating Genesis BuddyPress connect plugin.

ahrosales
    Participant

Thanks, will try and let you know how it goes.

ahrosales
    Participant

Well, I downloaded the beta 1.7 buddypress zip file, unzipped it and renamed the folder “buddypress,” then uploaded that to my  plugin folder. But unfortunately, I get the following error message when I click on Buddypress Settings. And when I try to click on the home page:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xprofile_get_profile() (previously declared in /home/content/46/6743446/html/quincewomen/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/deprecated/1.7.php:38) in/home/content/46/6743446/html/quincewomen/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-template.php on line 152

Now am totally baffled ???

ahrosales
    Participant

Not sure what made the difference, but I tried a second time today and didn’t get the error message. Buddypress 1.7 is good, thanks!!

I still have some remaining issues though — once I get my head around them, may need to contact you offline. Much appreciation,

Anne

braddalton
    Participant

The difference is 1.7 doesn’t need the genesis connect plugin as it integrates with any theme now.

No worries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.