Can html bleed?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Can html bleed?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  keystone 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

keystone
    Participant

Hi Folks

I am currently building a site on Executive Pro. I have put a “Call to Action” in the call to action widget but the html in the widget seems to be effecting the page in the Home Middle Widget beneath it.

The first time I did it the entire listing was effected…the second time it seems to be just the page title “Events management”

Can you offer me any advice please…with thanks for taking the time to read this.

Keystone Internet Solutions – Your Web Development and Positioning Professionals.

http://www.adrian.oursites.com.au/

nutsandbolts

Your site wouldn’t load for me with the link provided – can you paste in the HTML from your widget? Usually when that happens, there’s something missing or an element left open in the HTML.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

songdogtech
    Participant

@keystone, you’re missing closing tags of various types, such as </center> and </div>, etc. See [Invalid] Markup Validation of adrian.oursites.com.au – W3C Markup Validator. Scroll down in the validation report to see line numbers and source code. Start fixing the code errors and revalidate.

I’m on WordPress Answers (Stack Exchange) and WordPress.org Support Forums and check my consulting and portfolio site at markkratledge.com

keystone
    Participant

Hi nutsandbolts…thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my hosting company decided to go offline unexpectedly yesterday for a bit under an hour.

Gordon J

Keystone Internet Solutions – Your Web Development and Positioning Professionals.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  keystone.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  keystone.

keystone
    Participant

Hi Songdogtech…thanks for the response and info. I will go off and check it.

Many thanks,

GJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.