Can't assign primary sidebar to category

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Can't assign primary sidebar to category

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan B 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

preynolds
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the Executive Pro theme.

On my other sites I’ve been able to use the Sidebar Options – Primary Sidebar dropdown in the Posts Category editing pane to assign a sidebar widget to show up on all posts in that category, and on the archive page for that category.

Suddenly, that’s not working on my new site. I go into the category editing pane and assign a sidebar and update – but it won’t save. When I go back to the category edit, the sidebar selector is back to Default. The Default sidebar shows up on the category archive page and the posts in that category. Old sites – still works fine.

All sites are updated to 3.6.1 and running Genesis framework, with plugins: genesis simple sidebars, simple grid. I’ve disabled each plugin in turn and that doesn’t change anything.

Where it’s not working:

http://synbio-wp.berkeley.edu/category/people

Where it is working:

http://bioeng.berkeley.edu/category/news

This is a huge problem for my new site, where the default sidebar needs to be news for news posts, but each faculty member’s profile and the faculty page need to have the people sidebar.

thanks,
    Pam

Susan

As you posted this a while back, I hope you got your issue resolved. If not, come back and let us know, and I will escalate. ]

If it was resolved, mark the thread as “resolved”, and I will go ahead and close it. Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Dan B
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue. I’d love to hear the solution.

Dan @ ZindaMedia
    Freelance web development and design for non-profits and small businesses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.