Can't remove featured image Metric Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Can't remove featured image Metric Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aself 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

aself
    Participant

I was trying to change the featured image size on the “blog page” but now I can’t even remove the featured image. Other than removing it from the post and updating, I’ve tried logging out/in to WP, and clearing my cache. When I go to “Edit Post”, there is nothing in the Featured Image area.

Thanks for any help!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  aself.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  aself.
    http://ctomin.org/cto-blog/

braddalton
    Participant

How about trying the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives > and uncheck display featured image?

aself
    Participant

That’s a great idea and it works. I’m wondering though why I can’t “Remove Featured Image” when I edit the post. That seems like a basic WP task. What if I want to assign a featured image to some posts, but not others? If I try out an image on a post and decide against using it, how can I remove the featured image?

Thanks again for your help!

braddalton
    Participant

You should be able to remove it if you can add it.

There’s also a plugin which displays a default featured image if none added.http://wpsmith.net/plugins/genesis-featured-images/

aself
    Participant

You should be able to remove it if you can add it.

I agree, but when I DO remove it, it remains attached to the post somewhere behind the scenes. I have figured out that if I upload media from the media tab on the dashboard, THEN go to my post and add it as a featured image, I can remove it again.

If I upload an image within “Set Featured Image” on a post, then try to remove it, it still shows up on my site even though it doesn’t show up on the Edit Post page.

I’ve never had this happen on a site before…any thoughts?

braddalton
    Participant

Seems a bit weird. It maybe your theme includes some code which displays the post image before or after the title and on archive pages,

aself
    Participant

Hmmm, I’m using Metric. Even if the theme included that code…once the image is removed from the post, it shouldn’t display any longer. Sounds like a WP problem. I’ll try those forums.

Thank you for your responses.

aself
    Participant

From what I’ve gathered in the WP forums, there is no way to “unattach” media from a post.

Another theme author said that if a featured image is not set, her theme pulls the first image attached to a post and uses that. It seems like that is what’s happening here. Where in Genesis or Metric is that code and how can I change it? I looked in functions.php for Metric but couldn’t find it.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.