Category post/page order with category menu item

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Category post/page order with category menu item

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

samw
    Participant

Hi

Wonder if anyone can assist.

I have set up some menu items as categories so that each time a new post/page is created under the category its automatically added under the relevant menu item.

I also then added some posts/pages as sub-items under this menu category (Treatments) that need to be displayed in the order shown in the menu listing.

There are 2 challenges that I now have:-

1. Any item created using  a category to display in the menu item is showing up based on the date/time it was created (I think)

Is there a way to display each post/page in a custom order or a way to create the same menu/layout using pages? I cant get the page menu items to display all of the required content hence the use of categories.

2. As the menu items were created using category rather than page, I dont have breadcrumbs on these.

Is there either a way to add a breadcrumb to a category or assuming there’s a solution to point 1 above, then a page structure will take care of this

Im using the lifestyle theme, website is http://www.massageinbrighton.co.uk.  Please see Treatments for point 1 above.

Many Thanks in advance

cehwitham
    Participant

From what I can see, you’ve got the breadcrumbs working on the category pages?

But looking at the category pages, you may have replaced them with blog listing pages?

Do you still need help on this or can it be marked as resolved?

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.