Center Blog Title – Minimum

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Center Blog Title – Minimum

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KABYT 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

KABYT
    Participant

I deleted the subscribe button by adding this code to the editor.

.page-title-button {
    display: none;
    }

I’m trying to now center my page title and it doesn’t seem to be working. Any help would be great.

http://www.kabyt.com

http://www.kabyt.com

Stewart
    Participant

Hi,

Try adding the text-align:center; to line 489 of your style.css:

#page-title p {
    text-align: center;

Hope this helps
    Stewart

WordPress Developer – Need help upgrading to Genesis 2.0?My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter

KABYT
    Participant

That doesn’t work. I think it has something to do with the fact that the subscribe button area is still in the code and not displayed.

Stewart
    Participant

Ok, Instead of hiding the subscribe now button try removing it from the code, I believe with the minimum theme the code that actually outputs the subscribe button is in the page-title.php file.

Once you have removed the code, then try centering the text again.

Stewart

WordPress Developer – Need help upgrading to Genesis 2.0?My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter

KABYT
    Participant

I see it in the page-title.php file. Do you know what it should look like after?

Here is what it currently looks like…

<?php

if ( is_home() ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . esc_html( get_bloginfo( ‘description’ ) ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘Subscribe Now’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_404() ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . __( ‘Ooops!’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘Subscribe Now’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_post_type_archive( ‘portfolio’ ) || is_singular( ‘portfolio’) ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . __( ‘From the Portfolio’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘Subscribe Now’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_singular( ‘page’ ) ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . esc_html( get_bloginfo( ‘description’ ) ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘Subscribe Now’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_author() || is_category() || is_date() || is_search() || is_singular() || is_tag() ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . __( ‘From the Blog’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘Subscribe Now’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    else {
    }

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

There is a" that should not be there as well as the __( 'Subscribe Now', 'Minimum' )

So it should look like this I believe.

if ( is_home() ) {
    	echo '<div id="page-title"><div class="wrap"><p>' . esc_html( get_bloginfo( 'description' ) ) . '</p></div></div>';
    }

Doak Heggeness, WordPress Development | Website

KABYT
    Participant

Is that for all the entries?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.