Centering Genesis Responsive Slider on executive pro theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Centering Genesis Responsive Slider on executive pro theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PamJones 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CreativeKristi
    Participant

I installed the executive pro theme on this site: http://www.meghantucker.com/
    it has updated wordpress and genesis.

We didn’t want the images to have a title or except/content in the slider and also wanted them to be 600px wide. I changed all of that in the slider settings and all of a sudden they are showing on the far left of the blog/width and I can’t for the life of me get the slider to show that size but in the middle of the blog width.

I have re-sized &/or re-uploaded the images (even though they showed perfectly before we changed the slider settings) just in case it was because the featured images were uploaded before the slider was added as that was an issue I had previously on a different site.

I work at Creative Kristi Designs
    I play at Creative Kristi
    Affordable. Beautiful. Personal. Custom. Design for everyone.

ramseyp
    Participant

Hi there,

If you add this to your style.css, it might help:

#genesis-responsive-slider { max-width: 600px; }

The 600px is the width of your images. Matching that with the genesis-responsive-slider div should give you a centered slider at the width you want.

Cheers!

Pat

CreativeKristi
    Participant

Pat,
    Thanks! It was in there but adding it a second time (?!) made it work. Weird huh?
    -Kristi

I work at Creative Kristi Designs
    I play at Creative Kristi
    Affordable. Beautiful. Personal. Custom. Design for everyone.

PamJones

Hi!

When you say to add this code to the style.css, does it matter where I add it?

I know where to edit the style.css but I don’t know if I should paste your line of code at the end or if it needs to go in a specific location.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    Pam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.