Change Header Font in Prose Child Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Change Header Font in Prose Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

I’m a beginner to blogging and all things code, and I can’t for the life in me find a way to change the font in my header.

I have the prose child theme.

I feel clueless.

Please help.

braddalton
    Participant

You mean your sites title and tagline?

You’ll find the CSS in your child themes style.css file. Try Line 22

Prose is a bit different than the other themes and may even offer a setting for this.

Try looking in your Genesis > Design Settings

Otherwise:

#title-area #title a,
    #title-area #title a:hover {
    font-family: "Palatino Linotype", "Book Antiqua", Palatino, serif;
    }

#title-area #description {
    font-family: "Palatino Linotype", "Book Antiqua", Palatino, serif;
    }

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

wendycholbi
    Participant

Prose provides design settings for your site title and tagline. You do not need to edit any CSS files (and if you do need to edit CSS, add it to Genesis –> Custom Code, don’t edit style.css).

Look in Genesis –> Design Settings for the two panels labeled “Header Title” and “Header Tagline”. You can change the font color, size, family, and location. Make sure to save your changes with the blue “Save Settings” button at the top right of that screen, and refresh your browser to see the results on your site.

If you want to use a font that’s not included in the standard set of Genesis fonts, you can either add some custom CSS to the Custom Code page, or use a plugin like WP Google Fonts.

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

David
    Participant

Thanks very much to both of you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.