Change homepage layout in Elle

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Change homepage layout in Elle

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jmek66
    Participant

Does anyone know how to change the home page in the Elle child theme of Genesis to a two-column layout (as is used in the rest of the theme’s layouts)? The theme has options for setting a default layout and customizing the layout for every other page, but the home page remains with wide content / narrow sidebar / wide sidebar no matter what you choose, even for the default layout. Do I have to go into the CSS or PHP?

This is for a friend’s writing group website, which was originally created by a “cheap” designer who then disappeared. So we don’t have access to the full Elle documentation or official support; the missing designer took all of those passwords with her.

Alirat
    Participant

Is the Elle theme a community theme?  You can gain access to StudioPress support  by buying a Genesis licence, but I am not sure how to go about getting support for the child theme except by contacting the author.  Usually there are no special instructions as the Genesis framework follows a pattern so it is easy to apply the principles across all themes.  I would suggest a) getting a licence, or b) getting a new developer to assist. The first option is probably the least expensive.

jmek66
    Participant

Elle is a marketplace theme.

The writing group already spent their budget, so  they can’t really buy another license. I’m just trying to help them keep from getting ripped off by an unscrupulous developer. If we can’t get an answer on this, they’ll either have to live with a theme they don’t like (bad press all around) or go to another, non-Genesis theme.

Alirat
    Participant

Sorry, but I thought $45 would be not a lot of money to pay to get support. Their choice of course, but getting a free theme has it’s own set of problems.  And sorry they got ripped off, not a happy situation and one I have seen occurring too frequently.

Anita
    Participant

The Developer of the Elle theme has her own support – http://demos.northbounddesign.com/elle/support. In the home.php, you can edit the layout. Look at Line 5 and you can change it there. Keep in mind you will still need to change some of the CSS, etc.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Anita
    Participant

P.S. The Elle theme was a bit of beast with the home page and how it was set up. I actually used it for a while. Feel free to email me by going to my website.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

jmek66
    Participant

Thank you so much, anitac! That’s exactly the kind of pointer I was hoping to get.  If I can’t figure it out from here, I will definitely contact you.

Anita
    Participant

Glad to help. I’ll keep an eye out for any emails.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Change homepage layout in Elle’ is closed to new replies.