Change Hover Text of Post Author Link

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change Hover Text of Post Author Link

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pjblogger 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pjblogger
    Participant

When I hover over my byline (post author link) it reads “Visit Angel Thompson’s Website.” I want to change this text. Does anyone know how?

Thanks for helping

http://www.parentjob.com

nutsandbolts

It looks like the title text for the author link is set as “Visit Angel Thompson’s Website.” I don’t typically use Prose, but I don’t think there are any settings related to post meta that should be affecting that link…. Did you use a plugin (maybe Simple Edits) to change the link to go to your About page instead of your author page?

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

pjblogger
    Participant

Thanks for responding, Andrea.

You are right, I was using Simple Edits to make my author link go to my About page. I removed the link. But I really didn’t want to.

Do you know how I change the title text for the link?

nutsandbolts

You don’t necessarily need to remove the link, but depending on how you had it configured, we can probably change it so the title will be correct. Can you paste in what you had in Simple Edits before you removed the link?

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

pjblogger
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, Andrea, but I’ve decided to do without the link.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Change Hover Text of Post Author Link’ is closed to new replies.