Change Width Of Metro Theme Landing Page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Change Width Of Metro Theme Landing Page

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

matryx
    Participant

Can anyone give me some direction on how to change the width of the Metro Theme Landing page.

Ideally I would like it to be the same width as the home page but with out the header and navigation just a nice wide body so I can create my sales pages.

Here is the current landing page template – http://www.marketingtilt.com.au/technical-video-training-course/ I would really like to make it the same width as the home page here – http://www.marketingtilt.com.au/

Ron

Full Time Online Marketer and website creation using WordPress

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  matryx. Reason: forgot to click notify of follow up
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  matryx. Reason: forgot to click notify of follow up

braddalton
    Participant

You can edit the CSS code for the existing landing page in your child themes style.css file or create a new one using this code:

Change the page template from the drop down menu under page attributes.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Around line 418 of your child theme’s style.css file, change “max-width” from 700px to 1080px;

braddalton
    Participant

Or simply add this code to the end of your child theme style.css file and adjust the percentage width to your needs.
    [css]
    .metro-landing #wrap {
    max-width: 100%;
    }
    [/css]

matryx
    Participant

Hi Brad

Thanks for that got it all sorted.

Can I ask one more question about Metro theme?

I have added a custom background to the site and I use a Firefox plugin called SEO doctor which looks at the elements in the site. What i have noticed is that the new custom background does not have an Alt tag associated with it .

I though that images with the csss of site never used Alt attribute but SEO doctor is picking up the background as an image n the site. Is there anywhere that I can just add the Alt attribute to the code so it gets a 100% report.

Full Time Online Marketer and website creation using WordPress

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  matryx.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  matryx.

braddalton
    Participant

I don’t think that will have any effect whatsoever on SEO. Those reports don’t mean a lot in my opinion.

Look at the growth in subscribers, time on site, engagement through comments and social media.

Focus on unique content that’s compelling and targets peoples needs, challenges, frustrations and goals.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.