Changes in custom.css do not show up on site

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changes in custom.css do not show up on site

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kaatje 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kaatje

Hello,

I have been searching old topics but do not seem to find the answer to my question…

I am using the Genesis/Executive theme. I am relatively new to wordpress but learning every day. With the help of the topics on this forum I have managed to make some changes to my style.css to be able to change the colors on my site.

Then I found some posts and videos that suggested it is better to create a new custom.css style and make my changes there. So, I have managed to make a custom.css style based on the Executive style.css and uploaded so I can see it in my Editor.
    The video suggests to add the following code to the wp_head() of the Genesis theme settings;

<link rel=’stylesheet’ type=’text/css’ href=’http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/executive-pro/custom.css’ media=”all” />

I did this, however the changes that I make to the custom.css file do not show up on my site…

I hope someone can give me a good advice how to continue! Thanks for taking my question into consideration in advance.
    Karin

neilgee

I would do the changes in the one CSS file and just keep the changes together so you know what’s been edited, and it’s one less server request, but if you wanted the 2nd CSS file you can add it in via a function in your functions.php file.

function mytheme_customcss() {
       wp_enqueue_style('customcss', get_stylesheet_directory_uri () . '/wp-content/themes/executive-pro/custom.css'); 
    }

add_action('admin_init', 'mytheme_customcss');

Neil Gee
    Coolest Guides

Kaatje

Thanks for your answer, I think I’ll just stick with the first style.css file then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.