Changing comment nesting on Prose

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing comment nesting on Prose

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LdyLarke 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

LdyLarke
    Participant

I really like the design of Prose, but I prefer the comment nesting from Streamline. How can I change to the Streamline look?

http://demo.studiopress.com/prose/threaded-comments/

http://demo.studiopress.com/streamline/threaded-comments/

I’d also like to know where/ how to change the background colors in the comment area.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I like the Streamline comments, too. They’re “lefty”, I’d say… are you a lefty? :-) Anyhow… here are 2 versions of what looks like the CSS code in question. The difference is that Streamline has a big negative left margin, pulling things to the left.

Prose:
    [css]
    .comment-list li ul li {
    list-style-type: none;
    margin-right: -16px;
    }
    [/css]
    Streamline:
    [css]
    .comment-list li ul li {
    margin: 25px 0 0 -30px;
    }
    [/css]

For the comment background on Prose, I think that playing with this would do it:
    [css]
    .thread-alt, .thread-even {
    background-color: #F5F5F5;
    }
    [/css]

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

LdyLarke
    Participant

Nope, not a lefty :) Just like how it nests better.

So I take it that I’m to edit Prose’s css file?  I did try to edit the background-color there, but it didn’t change the silly thing. I have no idea why. Maybe the file just didn’t update. Chmod issues sometimes cause that. I was just too tired to deal with it at the time. Will try fussing with it again today.

Thanks!

wendycholbi
    Participant

Don’t edit Prose’s style.css file directly. Instead, make any changes and additions in Genesis –> Custom Code –> Custom CSS (Prose is the only Genesis child theme that has this extremely handy feature).

There is a Design Setting (Genesis –> Design Settings –> Input Boxes) for Input Boxes, which includes comment fields. But it does not address the background of the comment area, just the comment input box.

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

LdyLarke
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.