Changing Featured Post Image Width

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing Featured Post Image Width

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  creativebliss 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

creativebliss
    Participant

Hi!

I’m using the Lifestyle theme, and I wanted to make the featured post image wider. I changed it from the default 590 to 700 in the functions.php, but on the actual website, no matter what I do, the image isn’t getting wider! It’s still staying at 590? My content column is 700px wide and I want the featured image above the first post to be the same width.

http://testgraphicdesign.info/

braddalton
    Participant

Line 15 of your child themes functions file contains the code for the featured image.

Change this:

add_image_size( 'featured', 590, 250, TRUE );

To this:

add_image_size( 'featured', 700, 250, TRUE );

You will then need to select this new size in the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives > Include the Featured Image? > Image Size

All existing featured images will not change size because this new size only applies to existing featured images.

You can regenerate your existing thumbnail images using a plugin or using code.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

creativebliss
    Participant

Thank you!! I knew what I was missing was really simple (selecting the size in Theme settings), but I just could not figure it out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.