Changing the wp-config language definition brakes my site!

Community Forums Forums Internationalization and Translations Changing the wp-config language definition brakes my site!

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  diegocerezo 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

diegocerezo
    Participant

Hello I have some issues with translating my genesis install, well not really a problem with the translation nor the plug in, at least I don´t think it is.

Here is the issue:

I installed the plugin (the genesis translation one)

I uploaded to the wp-content/language the required language, spanish.

Then I changed the wp-confing PHP line to from this  define (‘WPLANG’, ”); to this define (‘WPLANG’, ‘es_ES’);

The frontend works fine and the translation works just fine but can´t load the dashboard on the backend, i get this error:

Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://equilibre.gt/wp-admin/index.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Then if I change back the wp-config to define (‘WPLANG’, ”); all works fine again but no translation on the front end.

one word HELP!

Thanks a lot I really appreciate your effort and time

AC
    Blocked

You should post this on the plugins support area here – http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/genesis-translations.

diegocerezo
    Participant

Ok! thanks for de advice

diegocerezo
    Participant

Hello, I solved my issue, funny I was trying to solve something else and this got solved in the process too. I´m going to mark this as solved but not before saying how it got solved.  So I contacted my hosting provider with an unrelated problem I was having with a plug in so what my hosting provider did was increase the memory of my wp install and all got solved, then it hit me maybe now the translation works so I did all the changes to the wp-config file ET VOILA! all worked just how it´s supposed to do!  the “server error” message should have pointed me in the right direction!

Hope this helps some else out there!

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Changing the wp-config language definition brakes my site!’ is closed to new replies.