Child theme color selections

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Child theme color selections

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Adam
    Participant

Hey all, new to Genesis and WordPress theme creation in general. I’ve been pouring through the docs, videos and Google and I’m just getting my feet wet by messing around with the sample child theme for Genesis. One thing I can’t seem to find a straight answer for is color selections with a color picker as seen in the Child theme options: (screen shot) http://i.imgur.com/UEFsw.png Where is the hook for these? I want to create more but can’t seem to get a handle on how/where the magic takes place. A link to a doc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anita
    Participant

Read this to see if it can help you. I remember I saw something more detailed, but check this out – http://www.studiopress.com/releases/genesis-framework-v18-beta.htm. *UPDATE* Here is the other one I was looking for – http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/color-style-options/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Anita. Reason: to add an additional link
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Anita. Reason: to add an additional link

Adam
    Participant

Thanks, I had read those articles which allows one to set overall color schemes to a child theme but does not account for the color picker/selector option found in the child example that allows one to pick the exact background color (for instance).

Anita
    Participant

Oh, none of the themes came with the ability to change the background color by way of a selector tool. At least I ever saw any with that ability. I’ve always had to hard code it in the CSS myself.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Adam,

you would have to setup a color scheme to account for your exact background choice in the color picker. There isn’t a hook that would let you add to that.

Adam
    Participant

@anitac the sample child theme that you can download with Genesis comes with this color picker option built in.

@nickthegeek so adding color picker options for other areas of a site (say sidebar) are not possible? Maybe I just need to a lot more RTFM, lol.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Adam,

It would be possible but you would need a full on custom solution. You cannot hook into the color selector for that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.