Column Classes: Get New Paragraph to Line Up

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Column Classes: Get New Paragraph to Line Up

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

In the column classes, if the columns are not “balanced” or evenly distributed and you want to start a brand new paragraph – the paragraph starts under the last column. What code would we insert in addition to the last to get the new paragraph to go back to left justified?

Posh John
    Participant

You could try wrapping your columns in a new div, and then adding a pseudo class to your new div, like..

.your-new-div:after {
    clear:both;
    }

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. Genesis 2

AC
    Blocked

The only problem with that is having to do that each time. That might be too complicated to explain to a client. But thank you for the tip.

PhaseCreative
    Participant

I’m searching for the solution to this too. I’m fine mucking about with div tags and stuff, but it isn’t going to fly with my clients. Does anyone else have a work around for this?

Based in Sydney, I design and produce creative websites for small business and enthusiastic bloggers. Follow on twitter

AC
    Blocked

@RobinCornett responded on Twitter to add this to the end of the last column.

[html]<br clear="all">[/html]

Robin
    Participant

Just to clarify: not inside the div for the last column, it needs to be outside the column div, so (for example) right above your next heading or paragraph. HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

AC
    Blocked

Oh, thanks Robin!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Column Classes: Get New Paragraph to Line Up’ is closed to new replies.