#comments link not working?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion #comments link not working?

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Jones 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

EyeOfTheTiger
    Participant

Hi,

Just noticed that when you click on the “Leave a Review” link underneath the post title, the anchor link of #comments does not take you to the bottom of the page to the “Speak Your Mind/Leave a Review” section as I think it should. How do I rectify this please?

WP:3.5.2
    Gen: 2.0.1
    Magazine: 2.1
    Exampe below…

http://clothescatalogues.co.uk/jacamo/

Thanks

Mike

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  EyeOfTheTiger.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  EyeOfTheTiger.
    http://clothescatalogues.co.uk/jacamo/

Gary Jones

The #comments ID is for the comment form. Since you have to be logged in to write a comment, this element isn’t appearing, hence the link apparently does nothing.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

EyeOfTheTiger
    Participant

aha – good spot ;)

Thanks Gary

Gary Jones

A colleague has pointed out that you should try updating to WP 3.6, since for him, the link goes down to the start of the comments (#respond) instead of to the non-existent comment form.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Susan Nelson
    Participant

I’ve been wondering about this, too. I have the latest version of both WordPress and Genesis and the comments link does not take you down to the comment area of the post.

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

Gary Jones

As of WP 3.9 (and probably earlier), this all seems to be working as intended. The Leave a Comment link points to the #respond page anchor, and the respond div appears by default under both XHTML and HTML5 output modes.

If you’ve got an example of where this isn’t the case (and you’ve not heavily customised the default output around the comment form), then please let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.