Comments on specific pages

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Comments on specific pages

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cfb1972 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cfb1972
    Participant

Is there possible to switch the comments ON/OFF on specific pages? I want only some pages to support comments. Can this be done in WordPress?

anitac
    Participant

Yes, you can set a default in the Genesis Settings and you can also set them per page/post on each of the pages/posts. If you don’t see it on the page/post – scroll up to the Support tab – top right corner – and make sure the Discussion has a checkmark in the box. You may not have all the settings turned on.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

cfb1972
    Participant

It doesn’t work like that. Once you’ve disabled comments in Genesis>Theme settings you cannot overwrite on a page basis. You even have the comments enabled or disabled and this is dictated by Genesis. I was wondering if there is a way to overwrite that setting…

anitac
    Participant

I beg to differ with you. I do it all the time and I am looking at my own screen. I just performed it the very steps I gave you. I hope you find the solution you are looking for.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

cfb1972
    Participant

Yeas, you are right! I was checking the feature on a site that is on maintenance mode. It seems that on a live site you are right, you can enable and disable the comments form on particular pages.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.