Community support fears

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Community support fears

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tommalcolm
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m new to the community forums and themes and am a little apprehensive about basing my site on a community theme because of long term support concerns.

Can anyone give me a nice warm-fuzzy about this?

Thanks,

Tom

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

For Community themes, the support will be given from the designer at their site. Not these forums. :)

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

tommalcolm
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

When you say “if I need technical support please use our new ticket system”, you’re referring to non-community themes?

Tom

ladygem
    Participant

Go to: MY STUDIO PRESS–>GET HELP and file your ticket for support. It’s a private messaging system. No need to list your website here.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

That is correct. That line is part of my forum signature, on all my replies. :)

The help desk is for the official themes.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Boblebad
    Participant

@Andrea

Can you be specific about where to put what question, when to open a ticket, and when to ask here, and please make it a detailed post, and can you make it a sticky too ??

I just yesterday asked a question about  the Delicious theme through Support-Ticket, and got the answer from Nick, that i should ask it here ..

All the best
    Carsten, Denmark

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

In help desk we are generally answering questions about technical and usage issues. We want to make sure that new users and those with technical problems don’t fall through the cracks (they were in the old system in a big way). We have always relied on an amazing community to help with customization questions. So if the question is basically “how do I change …” then it comes to the Community Forums so the Community can help and benefit. Even if we had the time to write up custom code for each request it just doesn’t make sense because the community can often provide better answers for custom changes and when someone else is looking for something similar they will be able to find it here, but not inhelp desk.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  nickthegeek.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  nickthegeek.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.