Complications with freelance

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Complications with freelance

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

asmallbizlife
    Participant

I downloaded the Freelance theme the other day. I am not experienced in website design and I surely am not experineced in reading or writing code, but I was sold on the fact that amateurs can easily  use Studiopress themes. I am wondering why I can’t change my background color, menu color, and not simply upload my logo like the free themes that wordpress provides? Did I purchase a bad theme or is there an easier way to change all of these featues that I am not seeing?

Thank you

Susan

I don’t think there is such a thing as a “bad” theme. A certain amount of knowledge of CSS will help to make changes to your child theme, and that applies pretty much across the board for all themes. The only exception is the Prose them, which is set-up a little differently, and is more user-friendly for someone with no CSS experience.

But, let’s start with the first steps. Have you set up your following the set-up instructions? Does it look like the demo? Those will be the things you will want to do first before taking about customization.

If you are having trouble with setting up your site to look like the demo, you can go ahead and submit a support ticket here:

http://my.studiopress.com/help/

Once you have your site set up, and would like to make changes (to colors, etc.), then provide us with a link to your site, and tell us what you would like to change (be as specific as possible).

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

asmallbizlife
    Participant

I don’t think bad was the right word, I was just a little frustrated with it because I was hoping it would have been a simpler. I appreciate the advice, I will do all of those things, then if I have any changes I would like to be made when I’m done with the content I will come back on the forum and ask.

Thanks!

Susan

You’re welcome.

I also chimed in with an answer in your other thread :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Complications with freelance’ is closed to new replies.