Content of Featured Posts appears outside widget area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Content of Featured Posts appears outside widget area

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  richard@gallilaw.com 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

richard@gallilaw.com

I have a problem that appears whether I use Genesis Featured Posts or Genesis Featured Widgets Amplified.

I made and styled a Widget Area using Dynamik Website Builder. The widget area appears as a normal widgetized location in the Widget screen. I installed two instances of the Featured posts (or widget amplified) widget: one for the most recent post and one for a featured post.

Everything is working fine, except: Only the Title of each widget appears inside the styled widget area. The content of the widgets appears below the styled widget area.

So, for example, if I style the widget area with a thick border at the bottom, then the thick border appears directly under the two post titles, but the post excerpts and the “read more” buttons appear below the border — outside the widget area.

I can’t provide a link because I am designing on a local Wamp server.

Any idea how to fix this?

richard@gallilaw.com

I figured it out. Instead of one area with two widgets inside I made two areas and styled them like so:

#recent_widget_area_left {
    width: 45%;
    float: left;
    padding: 20px;
    margin-bottom: 40px;
    border-bottom: 5px solid #D9D9D9;
    }

#featured_widget_area_right{
    width: 45%;
    float: right;
    padding: 20px;
    margin-bottom: 40px;
    border-bottom: 5px solid #D9D9D9;
    }

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Content of Featured Posts appears outside widget area’ is closed to new replies.