convert gallery to slideshow

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks convert gallery to slideshow

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DeborahM 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DeborahM
    Participant

page: http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/languageroadmap/index.php/summit/

How can I covert this gallery to a slideshow? I expected to find this function built in, but I don’t find it. I don’t need anything fancy, a simple slideshow.

thanks!*DeborahM

Brian Bourn
    Participant

You’ll need a plugin for this. There are probably hundreds of free ones in the repository. Take a look at NextGen Gallery for a good free option.

Bourn Creative | bourncreative.com | Twitter

robjan80
    Participant

Can the slideshow be on your main page, or only on individual post ?

DeborahM
    Participant

I ended up using the “NextGEN Gallery” plugin. You can see the post here. You can put a slideshow”gallery” anywhere you can put a photo.

designer4u
    Participant

hai

robjan80
    Participant

Hi DeborahM….that’s for responding and posting a link. Could you have put the slideshow on your home page if you wanted? Do you know if text can be added to images?

DeborahM
    Participant

I believe you can insert a gallery anywhere you insert an image. Maybe you are referring to the rotators or sliders that seem to be pretty standard for splash pages these days? These come built in to many StudioPress templates and are managed from the dashboard. You can find out more about those by searching on “rotators sliders” either on this forum or in Google. I’m afraid I don’t know much more than that.

If you go with the free plugin “NextGEN Gallery,” you might find this page useful.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.