converting Church theme to a child theme – any suggestions?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion converting Church theme to a child theme – any suggestions?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tanyaslogos 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tanyaslogos
    Participant

I am running the old “church” theme on my blog and want to upgrade to the genesis platform with a child theme.

While I can find articles on google about the church theme going child I can’t seem to find the child church theme.

Any ideas on where it is or if there is a child theme that would work just as well for my layout? I really don’t feel like putting in a lot of time to re-customize a whole new theme as it is only a hobby site.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
    Tanya

http://www.darksideofthemood.com

Summer
    Participant

There was a child theme version of Church (I used it on a site a few years back), but it was retired and replaced with Outreach, I think in 2011 or 2012.

Not sure if there’s an Outreach Pro in the works, but Outreach 2.0 would seem to be the logical replacement for you.

AC
    Blocked

I was once using the original Church theme. There was the Streamline theme that was the step up from your Church theme. Then it went to the Magazine Theme – so I would try the Magazine Pro theme.

tanyaslogos
    Participant

Thank you Summer and Anitac. I appreciate your feedback – I will try both outreach and magazine pro. :)

Fingers crossed. lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.