create category page using functions.php only

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks create category page using functions.php only

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

daniellench
    Participant

i can set a menu item for a category that will make a page dynamically for that category of posts without having to make a custom page.php file

i would like to use the functions.php file in genesis to control how that content is viewed along with some css if needed. i’m guessing this is a good start.

<code>

//category pages
    function category_page() {
    if (is_category()) {
    remove_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘genesis_do_loop’ );

i’m sure something needs to go here

}
    };
    add_action(‘genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap’, ‘category_page’);

</code>

i’m using landscape theme and would like the featured images of each post in a large slider similar to how the home page is with all of the featured items small thumbnails below it inline and have the thumbnails list scroll left or right to navigate through them.

is this something i can do totally in the functions? can someone offer a code snip or plugin to help do this.

website is http://www.robertruth.net

best,

daniel

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  daniellench.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  daniellench.
    http://www.robertruth.net/

Susan

I’m working through all the outstanding issues here on the forum. Since it’s been over 3 months since you posted your question, I’m hoping you were able to resolve your issue. Please check in when you have a chance.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.