Cropping Header Image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Cropping Header Image

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  heatherdiem 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Adam
    Participant

I have a header file which is 600 x 129  (ie less than 960 x 130). When I go to load it through “header” it still wants to crop it in half (ie back to around 65) ??????????

Has anyone come across it ? I am using Corporate Child theme.

merpmerp
    Participant

Adam,

Have you tried just posting it even though it is asking for you to crop it?  I remember having the same issue.  I cannot recall how I fixed it, but I think it may have been asking to crop it in the preview and I posted it anyway and it came out ok.

Adam
    Participant

Thanks merpmerp, strangely the same thing happened to me on another site and it was aok but this time around it seemingly does not want to play ball. Will give it another shot in a bit. thank you for the input.

heatherdiem
    Participant

Don’t know if this was still an issue with you.  I had the same forced cropping issue when I uploaded my header image through Appearance>Header.   I was even using original image as a test, and tried to upload.  Every time was the same result.

My workaround was to upload via Media>Add New.  Then I went to Media>Library to retrieve the url.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.