Crystal Theme Sidebar Messed up

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Crystal Theme Sidebar Messed up

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lynsey
    Participant

I am trying to set up the sidebar on crystal theme on the blog page, but it is completely messed up it shows up under the blog page i even reinstalled gensis and crystal and deleted all the files so it only had the original files but it will not show up properly this is what i mean http://www.shinymagic.com/blog/  any help is appreciated..

Lynsey
    Participant

Any help with this?

Lynsey
    Participant

Anyone?

Lynsey
    Participant

bump

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,
    Check around line 96 of your style.css file for this

#header .widget-area {
    width: 500px;
    }

That width there is overriding your sidebar width and removing it should do the trick!

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Lynsey
    Participant

I love you!  Thanks so much!!

cdils
    Participant

Haha – you’re quite welcome. :)

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Lynsey
    Participant

Oh another question do you know where i can style the date and things on the blog part?  I don’t see any css code for the date section..

cdils
    Participant

You’re probably looking for the “post info” or post meta” sections in your CSS (Post Info generally covers your date or stuff right before the post, while Post Meta covers stuff that appears after posts).

Do you use Firebug? If not, here’s a quick article on what it is and how to use it: http://www.studiopress.com/tips/using-firebug.htm.

Maybe a little weird at first but is MAGIC when it comes to helping you identify what CSS is behind a particular page element.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Crystal Theme Sidebar Messed up’ is closed to new replies.