Current Selection button

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Current Selection button

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Williamz0 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Williamz0
    Participant

Hi – I am currently editing the Executive Theme – change colours/fonts etc:

Executive Theme here: http://demo.studiopress.com/executive/layouts/cs/

My site here: http://www.hh-wordpress.co.uk/vls/?p=64

The home page button used to show up in the dark green colour when I was on that page – it now doesn’t…

However, if I go to any other page, the “current” selection changes to the dark green, just not on the Home page…

Any suggestions anyone?

Also this theme doesn’t seem to allow sub pages within a section within the navigation to highlight the main button to show you are in that section.

Is there a workaround for this?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Regards

Gary

Williamz0
    Participant

Update – I can sort of see why this is not working.

As the Home page is not really a physical page as it is made up of various widgets. Plus I have called the page “Welcome to VLS” as I didn’t want it to say “Home” at the top… so to add this to the menu I had to create a custom link for the main menu.

I have created a page called “Home” and if I add this to the menu this does then highlight green if selected. But then it doesn’t have the slider widget at the top….

Can anyone help on this please?

Williamz0
    Participant

PS: Navigation Label and Title Attribute are both called “Home” in this custom menu item

Williamz0
    Participant

I have fixed this issue – saw another post on here suggesting to someone to click “View All” on the pages window in the Edit Menus page. Lo and behold a link to my home wage appeared.

So I dragged this into the menu and deleted my custom home button and lo and behold, the button highlights green when selected!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.