Custom Conditionals

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Conditionals

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcy 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dman630
    Participant

What is better to use when creating custom conditionals, widgets or hooks? I have 9 different pages and would like to display a custom menu in the sidebar for each page. Everything seems to work fine for the first three pages but once I get to the fourth page, I notice duplicate menus and the wrong menu on other pages. I double checked my page id’s, and conditionals for each widget but am still not sure what the issue is. Should I delete the widgets and create custom hook boxes instead, any insight or direction would help? Also, I am using the Executive Pro Child Theme with the Genesis Extender plugin. I’ve removed the default sidebar in theme functions. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

http://www.rtmassociates.com.php53-9.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/commercial-2/

Marcy
    Participant

So are you creating a custom menu for each page in Appearance > Menus?

And then are you using the Custom Menu widget to add them all to the Primary Sidebar in Appearance > Widgets ?

And then what are you using to hide or show each Custom Menu widget? Widget Logic? Jetpack Widget Visibility?

With Jetpack widget Visibility, you just select pages
    With Widget Logic you would use:
    is_page(’807′)
    for each of your Custom Menu Widgets, where 807 is the page id. This should work OK.
    I have never tried it with that many menus, but with other widgets, it works.

Marcy
    Participant

OK. This might work better for what you’re trying to do.
    Add the Genesis Simple Sidebars plugin – http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-simple-sidebars/

This is what it does: This plugin allows you to create multiple, dynamic widget areas, and assign those widget areas to sidebar locations within the Genesis Framework on a per post, per page, or per tag/category archive basis.

dman630
    Participant

Thanks for your help Marcy, I appreciate it. Sorry it took a while to respond. I was able to get the custom conditional sidebar working after isolating and deleting the custom widget causing the issue. I will definitely remember to try this first next time. Thanks, Dan.

Marcy
    Participant

I’m glad you got it working!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Custom Conditionals’ is closed to new replies.