Custom CSS Not Working

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom CSS Not Working

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tulsajeff
    Participant

I have been using jetpack custom css for a while but just discovered that it uses a lot of resources and that I really could just copy the custom css to the bottom of my regular style sheet and deactivate the jetpack module.

Doing this changes my google page speed score from 67/100 to 88/100.

Here’s the problem.. for some reason the css is not working.

I have added custom css to the regular style sheet many times in the past and it worked fine so is there something special I have to do to make it work after taking the reins from jetpack?

I am not a css professional but I do know enough to get around in it pretty good and I do write it out freehand.

I am using the backcountry child them with the Genesis theme and I am copying the custom css into my child theme css stylesheet.

Any ideas?

Please note: I have turned jetpack back on so as to keep things properly styled however, if someone wants to do some investigating, I can deactivate the plugin for a little bit to let you see what happens.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  tulsajeff.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  tulsajeff.
    http://www.smoking-meat.com

AC
    Blocked

Several things could be happening. If the code already exists in the style sheet and you are adding it again, that’s one reason why it won’t change. If you want to leave both codes – you need to put !important at the end of the statements for force your code to work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.