Custom Link in Menu

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Custom Link in Menu

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kejabe
    Participant

Hi all,

I have added a custom url link in my main menu to link out to another site and would like it to open in a new tab. Any ideas where to make the change to do this?

TIA

Kev

kejabe
    Participant

I’ll answer my own question lol

It’s a WP option not a StudioPress one.

By default that option is not shown, in the WordPress/Appearance/Menus page you need to change the screen option dropdown menu (at top right of page) to enable “Link Target”.

When you add a custom link to a menu, click the custom dropdown arrow on the right of the new menu item and the “Open link in a new window/tab” checkbox will appear.

Hope this helps someone else.

Susan

When viewing the menu administration page, click on Screen Options (top right), and check the box labelled Link Target under the “Show advanced menu properties” heading.

When you add the menu item, it then gives you a little box to check to open the link in a new window/tab.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Susan

Great – you were responding to your own post as I was typing my response. I will go ahead and close this as resolved.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Custom Link in Menu’ is closed to new replies.