Custom Post Types for a New Page setup for end user?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Custom Post Types for a New Page setup for end user?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  computerkitten 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

I was told by a friend of mine that Genesis doesn’t support Custom Post types as I was describing to him what I was trying to do with a page.

Which is the following: the end user creates a new page, selects the Template to use, and then the fields are there for them to fill in. Example: Title: Researcher Name; Research Interest; Biographical Sketch; etc.
    So they simply would just be filling in these fields.

He is saying that if it was NOT on Genesis, it would be simple to do.

Is there a workaround if this is true?

Thanks!
    CK

nerdworker

CK,

It’s possible to create custom post types and fields in WordPress. This is something separate from Genesis.

This can be accomplished with custom coding, or with a plugin to assist you. There are different ways to go about it, but one popular plugin you may want to check out is Types:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/types/

I haven’t used this plugin myself, but I hope it can help you out.

Regards,

Stefanie
    nerdworker.com

braddalton
    Participant

You an simply add code to your functions file to register a custom post type in Genesis. http://wpsites.net/web-design/add-custom-post-type/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

computerkitten
    Participant

Thank you everyone!!

CK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.