Customise Comments HTML5

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Customise Comments HTML5

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

motty07
    Participant

Hi

Wonder if you could point me in the right direction. When I moved to Genesis/Wordpress a while back I imported my comments from another system. The other system didn’t have dates on the comments. So I basically gave them all the same comment date (May 5 2012).

Obviously I didn’t want all the comments showing with the same date so I got help from some folks and managed to come up with a function that wouldn’t show the comment date if it was before a certain date (set in Advanced Custom Fields – Options Page).

I’m now converting my site to Genesis2 HTML5.

The function I have still works with Genesis 2 but doesn’t make use of the HTML5 functionality. (Comments don’t have all the schema info etc.).

How can I call/filter/modify (or whatever) it so I can make use of my own (adapted?) comments function with HTML5.

What I did before was:

1) In custom post template: add_filter(‘genesis_comment_list_args’, ‘child_comment_list_args’);

2) In functions.php

function child_comment_callback( $comment, $args, $depth ) {

$GLOBALS['comment'] = $comment; ?>

<li id=”comment-”>

<?php printf( __( ‘%s %s:’, ‘genesis’ ), get_comment_author(), apply_filters( ‘comment_author_says_text’, __( ‘says’, ‘genesis’ ) ) ); ?>

$dbm_comment_date_cutoff) && ($dbm_comment_dates_on))
    {

echo get_comment_date();

}
    ?>

comment_approved == ’0′) : ?>

$depth, ‘max_depth’ => $args['max_depth'] ) ) ); ?>

<?php do_action( ‘genesis_after_comment’ );

/** No ending tag because of comment threading */

}

function child_comment_list_args($args) {
    $args['callback'] = ‘child_comment_callback’;

return $args;
    }

I don’t need the script rewriting in detail. Just need some help with how to call the HTML5 comments form and replace it with my own. I know enough php to amend a script.

Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

You can use the WordPress filter hooks.

I wrote several posts about it a while ago and it works fine.

You’ll find 5 links at the end of this post with more tutorials using the WordPress filters to customize comment form.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.