Customize Blog Listing Pages on a per category basis?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Customize Blog Listing Pages on a per category basis?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lifeasahuman
    Participant

Hi there!

Content Archive settings are set up in the Genesis Theme Settings. These settings apply globally to all blog listing pages.

Is there a way to have different settings on a per category basis?

For example.

Category 1 has a 100 x 100 thumbnail, title, excerpt, post info and post meta.

Category 2 has no image, a title, excerpt, and no post info or post meta.

Category 3 has a 570 x 350 image, title, no excerpt, but has post info and post meta.

Is there a plugin that offers this kind of flexibility … perhaps in the edit category screens? Or some other solution?

Thanks and cheers,

Gil

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  lifeasahuman.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  lifeasahuman.

SoZo

There isn’t a plugin. You’d need to build out different functions including conditional tags to control the output. i.e. place the remove post meta action in a function wrapped in a category conditional. Same thing for changing out images and remove excerpts. You’d need to remove the default post image and then add in a new image size. There are a lot of snippets here that you will probably find useful.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

lifeasahuman
    Participant

Hi Sozo,

Thanks. I was aware I would need to add new image sizes.

I think this calls for a plugin to be written! So, I’ll talk to my coders and let you all know if / when we do it!

Cheers,

Gil

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Customize Blog Listing Pages on a per category basis?’ is closed to new replies.