Delicious Slider widget – how to split in to 3 sections

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Delicious Slider widget – how to split in to 3 sections

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

systematic
    Participant

I really like the delicious slider widget (see http://demo.studiopress.com/delicious/)  as it provides

1) featured image,

2) excerpt of post and

3) navigation bar of images .

What I would like to do is split these three bits of functionality so that I can use each of these elements on the home page using the Crystal theme (see http://demo.studiopress.com/crystal/ ). So when a user clicks on a thumbnail in the slider, the featured image and excerpt change. The challenge is to be able to have a widget that can be placed in top left, top right and middle of home page using Crystal theme

Has anyone got any suggestions on how the delicious slider widget can be split to achieve the above objective?

Many thanks in advance as I have gone through forum and played around with various options.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  systematic.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  systematic.

SoZo

You’d need to add a sidebar like Delicious has for its slider in place of the three separate sidebars in Crystal.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

systematic
    Participant

Hi SoZo

Thanks for that, although I was trying to avoid that solution.

SoZo

Much simpler than creating a new plugin

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.