Different styles for page title and post title

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Different styles for page title and post title

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tony @ AlphaBlossom 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TGScreative

I am using the Genesis theme and working with a page that uses the Blog Page template. By default, Genesis leaves off page content on blog pages but since I wanted the page title to show I configured PHP to add that back in. So now I have a page title at the top of the page and a list of blog entries, each beginning with a post title. Each one is an H1 tag with the class “entry-title”. I would like to style them differently but since they have the same markup, is that possible? Any ideas how this could be done?

http://nteu245.mystagingwebsite.com/news-events/nteu-245-news/

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hello,

Your page title has an article class of “post-259 page type-page status-publish entry”, so you can target that specifically like:

article.page h1.entry-title {
        color: #CCCCCC;
    }

Your post titles have “”, so using this will style them differently than the page title:

article.post h1.entry-title a {
        color: #ADD8E6;
    }

Have a great weekend!

Tony

TGScreative

Thanks, Tony!

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

You’re welcome, glad to help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Different styles for page title and post title’ is closed to new replies.