Display comments bottom of pages?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Display comments bottom of pages?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Herman 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Herman
    Participant

How do get a comment box (same as under posts) to display on pages?
    I’m using the metro pro theme.

Thanks

http://www.ihost-websites.com/guineastar/test/

braddalton
    Participant

Go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Comments.

Herman
    Participant

Thanks a lot..here’s a follow up question for a news site..

Would you recommend using pages for different topics ie technology, sports ,etc then use the blog (posts) for latest news (ie featured news)?

The reason I ask is that I currently have the menu set-up using post categories which means every new post from whatever category appears on the page.

AC
    Blocked

I would stick to using categories for the all news items. Pages should be left for informational content. What do you mean “every new post from whatever category appears on the page”?

Herman
    Participant

Thanks Anitac…ideally I’d like to have a featured news story or 2 at the top and other category posts (ie technology, sports) below them (somewhat similar to the news theme. If I post a new tech story I don’t want it to appear at the top because it’s mainly for techies. On the current home page all posts appear at the top.

Your thoughts?

AC
    Blocked

You would create a category called Featured and place that category at the top with 2 as the default. Say for example you wanted to use the Genesis Responsive Slider at the top for Featured Stories and you include a Technology story in the slider. When you use the Technology widget below the slider – you would offset it by “1” so that the new story shows in the slider – but it won’t show up in the technology widget below it. The story will still show up in the archive – it’s just that the story won’t show up 2 times on the home page.

Herman
    Participant

Please clarify what you mean by “place that category at the top with 2 as the default” and “use the Technology widget below the slider – you would offset it by “1″ so that the new story shows in the slider”

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.