Display custom taxonomy descriptions in sidebar (AgentPress 2.0)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Display custom taxonomy descriptions in sidebar (AgentPress 2.0)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  asterbird 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

asterbird
    Participant

Hello!

How do I go about displaying taxonomy descriptions in the sidebar of associated posts?

Here’s what I have:

a custom taxonomy named Attractions (with default fields: name, slug, description)
    a custom post type named Listings (with listings filed under multiple Attractions)

For example: Main Line Village Apartment 60 (custom post type Listing) is filed under Center Mall, Main Line Park, and Merion School District (Attraction taxonomies).

Where should I code this to display the descriptions of these 3 attractions?

Should I code a custom sidebar for Listings singe.php and call in the meta via a widget?
    Should I code in functions.php using hooks and filters?
    Should I code in sidebar.php to create a new sidebar conditionally for this post type?

There’s no clear tutorial anywhere on how to do this with AgentPress Listings plugin or theme, so I’m at a loss as how to do it.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated! :)

asterbird
    Participant

I found a way to do it, see here and here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Display custom taxonomy descriptions in sidebar (AgentPress 2.0)’ is closed to new replies.