Display filtered posts (limited to single category) on a page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Display filtered posts (limited to single category) on a page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

czeigler
    Participant

Hi, I would like to use certain pages on my site to display posts pertaining to certain categories.  I have used elegant themes in the past and this functionality is built-in.  When you choose blog style, an option appears to display only certain categories.  Is there any feature like this built into Genesis?  Or, is there another solution to accomplish the same result?

Thanks very much in advance!

CZ

SoZo

See this

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

czeigler
    Participant

Thank you very much for that link.  That seems to be exactly what I want.  My only problem is there is not a custom field section or a button to add a custom field when I am editing a page.  I am wondering is this an extension of Genesis that requires some plug-in or maybe the tutorial is referencing an older version of Genesis?  I am using the Genesis 1.9.1 and the craftiness child theme.

Thanks!

czeigler
    Participant

I did find a work around by creating a menu link directly to the archive for that category.  Hopefully, this will accomplish the same end result.

SoZo

Yes, it will. And you should have custom fields in the editor. Perhaps they are not enabled in the screen options.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Display filtered posts (limited to single category) on a page’ is closed to new replies.